Your home’s roof needs to be cleaned every couple of years to prevent structural damage. If you walk around your property, you may find a pile of untidy leaves or some other debris on the roof, which will have accumulated over time.
Sometimes, the roof you see at first glance differs from the actual situation. If your roof leaks, the leaves will not be just some tiny pile; they will become big and messy.
A dirty roof is an eyesore for your home and can create other property problems. If your roof has not been cleaned in the past year, you need to do so immediately. It saves you from:
- Water damage.
Your roof can collect a layer of dirt and debris, which will cause water damage. Some people do not realize that junk and trash are piling on their roof until it leaks.
Water damage from a leaking roof can be costly, mainly if the problem proceeds undetected. It is essential to have this inspected by a professional before it gets worse.
- Mold and mildew.
It is essential to clean your roof annually, as there is a chance that the dirt and debris will start to collect mold, mildew, and spider webs.
These are unsightly and can also cause health complications in some people who may be allergic to these allergens.
- Insulation problems.
Cleaning your roof can help with insulation problems, which may create a damp and uncomfortable home. Gypsum boards can also become moldy and decay, creating an odor in the air.
This will also make the rooms in your house less comfortable because they have a musty smell and are harder to heat.
- General maintenance of the exterior of your home
Clogged gutters in your roof can create unwanted problems. Flooding due to a clogged drain can be costly and time-consuming to fix, so it is vital to clean out the gutters.
- It is a big money saver.
Lastly, if you don’t clean your roof, it may cost you hundreds of dollars to repair the damage that has already occurred on your property. As we mentioned, if you do not clean your roof, it will just accumulate junk and debris.
Also, the cleaner the roof gets, the easier it is to maintain and ensure it is adequately sealed against leaks and damage.
While roofing may last a long time, it can still develop problems, which is why most roofing specialists recommend yearly maintenance.
Methods Roof Cleaning Companies Use
Roof cleaning companies use a variety of methods to remove the dirt that has accumulated on your roof. Some of these methods may include:
Soft pressure washing is an extremely safe roof cleaning method that uses water at low pressure to clean the surface.
This method is very effective in cleaning, as it only removes the dirt and not the layers of paint on it. It is best for specific roof types like asphalt shingles, tile roof, and metal roofs that can be damaged by high-pressure water.
This method uses a pressure washer. It is one of the most effective methods because it cleans the roof quickly and efficiently.
However, this method can damage the roof’s surface with the wrong pressure level. It is not suitable for delicate roofs like asphalt shingles.
Hot Water Cleaning
Hot water cleaning uses heated water to clean. The heated water can be more efficient for cleaning, as it cleans better and faster. However, this method is not suitable for all roofs, only for certain ones like the metal roof in hot areas.
Manual scraping and scrubbing
Manual scraping and scrubbing are the most basic ways of cleaning the roof. It involves cleaning by hand and removing dirt from it.
This method is used in areas with few dirt layers and therefore comes in handy. It can be time-consuming, though.
The method uses a chemical that can dissolve the dirt on the roof. It is applied directly to the surface, dissolves dirt, and then washed off. This method is best for painted roofs because it does not damage the layers of paint on them.
Should You Hire Professional Roof Cleaners? Why?
There are several Orlando roof cleaning companies, and you can always hire one to clean your roof.
Cleaning your roof yourself is cheaper but not satisfactory, and not to forget, it can be dangerous.
So, if you want to hire someone, ensure it is a qualified professional; they will have the appropriate tools to work quickly and cost-effectively.
The advantages of hiring a professional over cleaning yourself include:
- Safety is vital when cleaning your roof, so hiring a professional is best. The chances of accidents are higher when you work independently.
- High-quality cleanse and not a half-hearted job that doesn’t impact the appearance of your roof. They also have access to more advanced tools and equipment to help you achieve your goal.
- They have the skills and experience to do the job right and fast.
- They assess the condition of your roof and contact you with any additional problems you might not have noticed before.
The ability of professionals to properly clean your roof will ensure that all parts of the house, inside and out, will be clean and safe.
Choosing a Professional Roof Cleaning Company
- Experience: When looking for a professional roof cleaning company, first consider the type of roof you have and try to find a company with expertise and experience in cleaning your kind of roof. Among the popular types of roofs are asphalt shingles, metal roofs, and clay tiles; each requires specific equipment to clean them properly.
- Reputation: Finding out what reputation their services have is crucial because it will help you determine if they are worth the time and money. You can do this by reading reviews about their services from previous customers and asking for recommendations from a couple of people who might have worked with them.
- Budget: You can get a quote for the services you need and compare it to other companies to understand how much the service will cost and whether it is within your budget.
- Also, ensure the company you hire offers a warranty on their work and can guarantee that they will meet your expectations.
- Lastly, is the company insured and licensed? Ensure you see proof of this, as it can determine whether or not the injuries or damages at the site are your liability.
Get Our Professional Roof Cleaning Services in Orlando
We pride ourselves on customer service and caring for our customers like family. Our staff is trained and certified to ensure that your roof looks brand new again once we have finished cleaning it.
Our Primary services include:
- Pressure Washing Service
- Residential Low-Pressure Cleaning
- Soft Wash Services
- Exterior Cleaning Services
- Exterior Pressure Washing
- Pool Deck Cleaning
- Concrete Cleaning
- Gutter Cleaning
- Paver Cleaning
- And more!
All members of our professional team are fully licensed, insured, bonded, and have years of experience in their specific roles.
We pledge 100% customer satisfaction every time we do a job; this is why we stretch out our cleaning process to ensure that no one has any problems or concerns after receiving service from us.
Be it about soft washing or pressure washing services, please do not hesitate to call us at any time at 407-669-2919.
We will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have or provide you with a quote over the phone.
Answering Your Frequently Asked Roof Cleaning Questions
What is your procedure for cleaning?
We start with a visual inspection of the roof to find out what it might need and how we can assist you. We then proceed to clean and restore your roof to like new condition.
When is the best time and season to clean a roof?
- Anytime is the best time of year to clean a roof. We do not suggest you wait until it needs cleaning or is in bad condition before you call us to clean it.
Because of the climatic conditions, Orlando and the surrounding areas can sometimes get hit with most winters. We highly recommend scheduling your cleanup during your warmer months for optimal results.
How long does it take you to clean a roof?
The duration depends on the size and condition of your roof and weather conditions at the cleaning time. Usually, on average, it is 2-5 hours. However, larger and steep roofs can go for a whole day.
Do you clean the gutters, too?
Yes, we also clean the gutters. When we clean your roof, we also clean your gutters to ensure they are flowing correctly and prevent issues such as future ice dams.
Will I need to be present at all times when you’re on my roof?
No, you don’t have to be present during the entire process because most of the work is done from ladders or cherry pickers on our end of your roof so that you do not have to be concerned about us damaging anything around your home during our cleaning process.
How can I contact professionals like you?
Visit our contact page and fill in the form. You can also call us at 407-669-2919.